Thursday, June 16, 2011

162/365 - Happy 75th Mom!!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

This photo is actually the day after her birthday...

Just a snippet of what makes my Mother so amazing; She lost her husband in her early thirties and didn’t marry again (to her soul mate) until nineteen years ago. In those years between she raised three children by herself and worked full time with some crazy schedules to make sure we had a place to live, food on the table and clothes to wear yet she never asked for nor received ‘government’ assistance. Us kids did not make it easy on her being somewhat rebellious. She traveled the world and has the stories to tell. She lost her only son fifteen years ago, something no parent should have to endure, and kept on living life to the fullest. My Mom has always been smart, loving, opinionated and very strong and I SO admire that about her. I wish she would write a book so I could read it over and over. The title should be something like "My Daughter's Hero."



Yes, now I'm crying...


My birthday gift to her was her choice; I would fly out to see her for a few days or I would fly her out here for as many days as she wanted or neither. Thankfully she came out here and stayed with us for four days. What a brave woman! She has a pretty busy retired life in Arizona. She has a beautiful home with her husband, walks daily, has a lot of friends and a quite the social life, is the president of her local Historical Society and she is her husband’s right hand woman for his Senior Foundation which takes up most of their time and energy. Yet I was concerned that all of us would overwhelm her with all our noise, mess, activity...family members. She hadn't seen some of the grand kids in three years. Big changes but I think she enjoyed herself. I know I enjoyed having her here.

I love my Momma!

1 comment:

KVAN said...

Awesome read my dear.
Very Inspirational!
Yes it was so nice having her here. I do wish we all lived closer.