Monday, July 11, 2011

190/365 - Artist at work

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The whole family went to my husbands company picnic. When we all go to these functions it makes it so much more fun and two weekends in a row we all spent at least one day, all together. The picnic turned out to be a lot of fun. Good food, lots of activities and it was nice to see people I only see once, maybe twice, a year. This year they added a couple more artists and other activities. I think we all participated in every one of them. And I made this photo. It's always a good day when I make at least one decent photograph. I do have more from this day, to be posted on Flickr soon.

This one, watching an artist create, is my favorite. I want to watch as it's happening. I want to create beautiful art too. I'm working on this want, no, NEED that I have to create. Every day

I’m so glad I brought my 30D with me this day. I have been shooting mostly with my iPhone lately and I like a lot of what I get out of it but it just cannot replace my DSLR. I got to capture this, which I may have been able to with my iPhone but that light was tricky. I needed to edit it in LR to lighten it up a bit without losing information. Now I have three different monitors to edit/view this photo and I think I have it right but when I view it on my work monitor, it looks too dark. How is the exposure on your monitor?

No comments: