Tuesday, September 13, 2011

247/365 - It's a crane thing

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I have a thing for cranes. Can't get enough of them. So, of course, I love taking a detour through the Mare Island Shipyard any time we are on our way to or from the North Bay-ish, or beyond. I happened to be coming through as the sun was setting and Oh mY GOODness, I just wanted to freeze time. Between the abandoned buildings, the re-purposed buildings, the ships, the rust, the HISTORY and the cranes, I was...in heaven. Okay, that may not be it but I can't think of another description. I was giddy, couldn't stop shooting, didn't care that some areas were a little bit scary, that I was hungry and tired, I, was living in the moment. Rare for this scatter brain. I could have spent hours out there but the sun light was going away. Must go back, at sun rise, with a friend or two and some bikes.

Canon 30D. Sharpened and straightened in LR. Even with all those lines, I still get my horizons crooked.

No comments: