Sunday, January 22, 2012

December 2011 Mosaic

Finally. Done. I know, I'm very late posting my final Mosaic here. It turns out the beginning for 2012 turned out to busier than the end of 2011.

I'm not going to deny it: I do miss it a little bit but mostly I am so glad to be done with this project. It was fun but towards the end it became a chore as I did not have time to really work on my craft and I really was not happy with a lot of my photos. It became all about looking and capturing a photo for the project and posting it and not about just enjoying Photography. I'm not very good at balancing all that is in my life and I would get very resentful of everything taking my time away from my Photography. This does not work at all when trying to tap into my creativity. So, I have been on a sort of Photography hiatus. I still look at and read my favorite Photography blogs every day, still pick up my camera when I feel it and of course I'm still using my iPhone...just not like I was. I am worried I will miss capturing something and not have a record of it but I am still observing and viewing life around me and how I could capture that with my camera.

Now, on to other projects. Ones that are little less deadline sensitive. My day job is all about deadlines, every day, which stifles my creativity far too much.

I am off to explore other Creative mediums. I will still be shooting of course and posting on Flickr...maybe another blog.

Thank you for viewing my photos and reading my ramblings.

No comments: