Wednesday, July 20, 2011

200/365 - Gnarly tree

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And so it begins. My first 6 am walk, as I jump start my training for the Warrior Dash at the end of October. This year.

Whoa! WHAT? Yep, me, I’m going to do the Warrior Dash. Go ahead, I’ll wait while you Google it.
I’m excited. Really, I am but mostly about the training. I now have a goal other than just trying to get in shape. A shape other than the one I’m in currently. I’ve been working with Helga (aka my trainer and Sister) for a year now on stretching out my unused (atrophied) muscles, strengthening my core, etc. Now we are going to kick it up several notches. Helga and The Duchess (my middle child) talked me into this because they are doing the Dash as well. The three of us will be training together whenever possible.

I KNOW, I’m crazy but hey; I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane from TEN-THOUSAND feet up in the sky. I CAN do THIS too.

So, about this photo: On my mile walk there are these trees that have all this gnarly bark. It’s interesting. I think this one here is the biggest one along the creek. I’ve photographed it before but the light just wasn’t right. This morning I caught the sun as it was coming up on this trippy tree, with my iPhone. I look forward to finding images on my walks at least three mornings a week, for now. I want to work up to six days a week and three miles each. And then…I’ll go conquer the world!

No comments: