Friday, July 22, 2011

201/365 - 1962

201/365 - 1962 by Diane Meade-Tibbetts
201/365 - 1962, a photo by Diane Meade-Tibbetts on Flickr.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Excellent year, 1962. At t least that is what year I think this Porsche is by the body style. This one is parked in the garage every so ofter where I work. I haven’t run into the owner yet to confirm my guess but I did have fun looking up images of Porsches via Google , starting in the 50’s. Hubs saw the pictures I took and said it was 1960’s, I thought it was older. It is interesting that through the early years they look very much the same but the subtle differences are in the tail light shape and quantity, the vents under the headlights going from four to three slots, the bumpers, and the way the back hood became more curved with the body. I believe the fact that the vents on the back hood were one or two depended on the model or extras, judging by the photos I found. Clearly I am not an expert here but I did find it interesting, trying to figure out what year this car was made by comparing photos.

I CAN tell the difference between a 1967, 1968 and 1969 Camaro and muscle cars are my favorite. This could have something do with growing up in the 60’s and 70’s and possibly the fact that my husband is a hard core American Made car man. Our mid life crisis cars will be a new Chevrolet Camaro for him and a new Dodge Challenger for me.

No comments: